Inside KB's Brain

Cool Stuff , also i need to bring to what KB said that what pushed me to learn security is that its now part of the SD-WAN and SD-Access as well . there is no more the concept of the Routing engineer or switching engineer or the DC engineer , you got to have a wide knowledge that makes you accountable to handle a network end to end .

Hi Islam,

Although the titles are still there, you really need to have a broader knowledge of networking technologies to excel in this field.

The Network Infrastructure engineer needs to understand Firewalls. The Security Engineer needs to understand Network Infrastructure technologies like SDA & SD-WAN.

I am working on a course/lab that brings all these technologies together.

1 Like

Keep an eye out for the Mega Lab Announcement. It is a going to be a game changer…

2 Likes

Hello Mr.Khawar good afternoon and I trust you are doing very well. My question is would you be able to do a course that covers real-world scenarios for example picking up a project for an enterprise network and building everything step by step with what equipment needs to be bought, how to plan your initial configuration, how to document and the likes of designing DMZ’s and all other features. I think this is very missing in the real world. We are very used to the normal Cisco courses but how do you tie the pieces together to build a complete network. This is my question.

Thank you
Ben

2 Likes