ISE installation on EVE

Hey Guys , I’m trying to download the ISE 2.7 iso image on eve following these instructions (https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documentation/howtos/howto-add-cisco-ise/)
once i login to the ISE to start the bootup process it gave 4 options , i picked the ISE installation with serial console option and it went into different sets of installation packages and etc…

now the vnc image stuck at Installing … and it has been almost 30 mins .

I’m using Eve-ng community version and its hosted on physical server ? anybody can help

Hello Islam. Installing ISE 2.6 on a server with dual Xeon 2650v2 CPUs with 10000 RPM HDDs took about 110 minutes. Installing ISE 2.7 on a Gen 8 i7 desktop with an SSD took about 30 minutes. Compare these times/specs to your hardware for an estimated installation duration.

1 Like

Islam… my advice to you is to use ISE 2.3 same as Khawar use. This version is stable and there are no Bugs.

I face an issue with ISE 2.6 integration with AD for an UNKNOWN reason.

when I use ISE 2.3 version, the integration works smoothly.

I managed to download the 2.7 version , lets see how it works .
i found that the suggested release as per cisco download page.

I am with @Abdulfattah on this, it seems 2.3 runs a lot nicer in EVE.

can you guys help me out and share the hda.qcow2 file for it ? :smiley:

Hi Islam,

The stability is one of the reasons that I stuck with 2.3 for the labs on Eve. Most of the main features work properly without any issues. I am using 2.6 with Patch 1 for my DNAC lab to fulfil the Compatibility Matrix between ISE and DNAC.

Khawar

1 Like

Will do Khawar !

the reason i went for 2.7 is that i found it as a suggested release in the cisco software page , but it might not be suggested for the eve-ng environment as per yours , matt and abdulfattah feedback

I’m trying to install ISE-2.3, on EVE-NG…Install seems OK…

followed the procedure:

However, I can’t start the ISE VM.

Do I need to install the VNC for Console in Eve-Ng for this …?
My Total RAM on the Machine is 32 GB,

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 21.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 25.6 GB

Is RAM enough…?

Yes, you need VNC console for the initial build, and the QEMU custom string they list on the EVE site, after that you can switch it to telnet. RAM is more than enough, I am running it with 16G and it’s fine.

I missed the 1st BootCamp Class on ISE… appreciate if someone please share the complete config on the topology… otherwise noting it via pausing the video is quite painful…

Thanks,
Salman

All the base configs should be attached to the course.

it should be in the resources tab though

Dear Salman,

Welcome to the forums. As posted above by Matt and Islam the resources you are asking for are listed in the ISE Bootcamp resource page.

It seems like you are a self learner. We will be running a NY’s Resolutions offer next week, which might be a good time to upgrade your subscription to KB Plus which gives you access to recorded videos and resources of all Live Classes and Bootcamps.

Also, can you please take a minute and update your user handle from the default one, this helps the community engage with you better.

A merry Christmas and a happy NY to you!

Hi,

I’m currently enrolled with the CCIE Security Bootcamp at KBits, and I subscribed in June for the KBits Learn…
The resource I was asking for ( Config file) is part of the first video, that was made available to everyone, not just to ISE Bootcampers… !

So I thought it was Ok to ask for that resource.

And regarding my intro in the User Handle, I think I provided all the info asked there, if not here it is once again:
If there’s another missing, please let me know, I’ll be glad to fill that info as well.

Salman Naqvi

CCIE Wireless,
RAN Architect,
Shaw Communications,

Calgary.

Email: s_r_naqvi@yahoo.com

Hi Salman,

KB typically makes the first class free for students who are on the fence and would like to attend a class to see if they like the content and the teaching style, however resources are attached to the course itself.

For the forums we consciously made the decision to give the users the opportunity to pick a username that is different from their name if they choose to do so. You can change your forum username (from the default one: user-42a47c94-ea39-4891-b324-6cce5072e107
) by clicking on setting option on the top right.

Cheers!

@Matt which iol versions are you using in the ISE lab , i’m not able to push the DACL into my current IOL switch : i86bi_linux_l2-advipservicesk9-ms.h

@Islam this one; DACL works, I haven’t tried Profiling yet though.

any Feature use URL Redirection like BYOD, GUEST Services, Posture. It will NOT work in virtual switch
However, DACL can be installed successfully as @Matt mention BUT the URL Redirection service won’t work.

You know what is funny with EVE. I tried to install ISE2.3 as node in EVE , EVE reject the installation because the speed of my CPU server BUT when I install ISE as virtual Machine inside my vmware Esxi - it works perfectly and connect it with EVE.

Not all Type 1 Hypervisors are created equally, but you are right, ISE on ESXi runs much smoother, :slight_smile:

@Abdulfattah apparently SGTs work as well? If true, it could make for a nice Firepower lab - I have not tried this myself - yet…