CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Labs

Hi!

I’ve been doing my own labs on EVE using the lab workbook as reference, which have been working out great. However, in order to save time I figured I’d use the lab files from the resources section. The problem here is that once the lab is loaded up, if the images in question aren’t on the EVE host, then the lab will not work. It would be nice to know which images have been used in the lab creation, as I am not able to change the node template and change to one of my other images. For example, the L2 Technologies lab has Cisco IOL as a template for both the routers and switches. Since I do not have any images within those templates, the lab won’t run for me. I do however have Cisco vIOS images, but since I can’t edit KBs lab devices, then I am not able to change the images.

Is there some way you guys could tell us which images are used, so that we can at least use the correct ones within our EVE environments?

Thanks!

Regards,

Petteri

Hi Petteri,

You could use the vIOS Images if you have them. What I would do is delete the Routers. Add them back with the vIOS images. You can do the same for the switches.

The IOL images that I am running are the following:

Switch :
Cisco IOS Software, Linux Software (I86BI_LINUXL2-IPBASEK9-M), Experimental Version 15.2

Router:
Cisco IOS Software, Linux Software (I86BI_LINUX-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.4(2)T4

KB

Alright, great. Thanks a lot for your help KB :slight_smile:

Hi KB,

Where do I download the IOL l2 & l3 images.

Switch :
Cisco IOS Software, Linux Software (I86BI_LINUXL2-IPBASEK9-M), Experimental Version 15.2

Router:
Cisco IOS Software, Linux Software (I86BI_LINUX-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.4(2)T4

Ramesh G

I’m sure this has been answered multiple times, but legally nobody but Cisco can distribute images. You’ll need to procure them yourself. Last I checked the IOL images were not intended to be used by non-Cisco employee’s or training partners. You can use IOSv or IOSvL2 by purchasing a license for CML then importing those images into EVE-NG.

1 Like

When I open the EVE-NG, I don’t have the configs for the vBond, vSmart, vManger. How do I find this on the site. I didn’t see it in the Resources.

Hello,

They are in the Workbook. The labs have you initialize the Controllers.

Thanks for your help.

Also, In my Lab for EVE-NG Community, I don’t have the SDA/ISE/DNAC devices. How can I do Section 7?

And in section 7, Do I still go into the vManage make the VE-OMP-TEMP, and update TEMP?

I’m at “Task 3 – Configure the Variable Parameters for the Feature Templates”

When I try to add the vEdge-HQ-1 to the template. I’m getting “Duplicate System IPs”

I checked the System IP for both devices and they are different.

vEdge-HQ-1 is 10.2.2.201 | vManage1 is 10.1.1.101

Is there a way to fix this or should I just reboot both devices?

Dear KB,

I can’t find the images, they are in the resources?

Many thanks,
SR