AMA on immigration to Canada and technology jobs in Canada

Great question. The short answer is absolutely yes! The government of Canada has made it clear that immigration (esp. skilled immigration) is extremely important to this country.

Just last week the minister for immigration announced the new immigration target, which at over 1 million immigrants over the next three years is the highest ever!

Here’s more information on that.

1. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-of-canada-announces-plan-to-support-economic-recovery-through-immigration.html

2. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-to-release-2021-2023-immigration-levels-plan-1016133.html

I’m very optimistic that these trends will continue, and immigration will continue to remain popular.

This is super exciting. I have had a conversation with Khawar and we will be setting up time with you to explore how we expand our partnership further and bring new opportunities to the KBITS Live community.

New immigrants to Canada are often surprised to find that Canadian society is very welcoming of people who are attempting to become Canadian! This manifests itself in small and big ways.

For example, most banks in Canada have some form of account that is specifically built for newcomers to Canada. All government offices (health, driving licenses, real estate etc) are constantly dealing with new immigrants and the employees are usually kind and helpful when people are confused with what to do.

The big cities in Canada are full of immigrants - more than 50% of the residents of Toronto were born outside Canada. This translates to you not feeling out of place - no matter where you’re from, you’re likely to meet people who look and sound like you. The Caribbean, South and East Asia, Europe, Latin America, Africa… all these regions are very well represented in Canada.

Of course it takes some time to feel at home in a new country, but I’d say that Canada makes it easier than many other countries.

Alright all, thanks so much for the questions. I’m sure I’ll be back answering questions soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Aditya!

We really appreciate the time you have spent with us and Khawar will be reaching out to you shortly regarding how VanHack and KBITS Live community can work together in the future.

Also anyone reading this AMA in the future, if you have questions or need help with immigrating to Canada please reach out to @NagImmigration directly on his website:

Bye for now!